Welcome to SLP Feeding Therapy Friends! Three SLP’s who met seven years ago while working together in the Pediatric hospital setting! We became quick friends while bonding over the day to day of our jobs in rehabilitation!
7 years and five little boys later, we still share the same passions as we did years ago!
With over 10 years of professional experience each, you can be assured that your feeding advice will be focused on your child’s and families unique needs. Our goal is to empower caregivers and motivate children to believe in themselves to reach their goals.
Andrea Gifford, MS, CCC-SLP
Kristen Gaffney, MS, CCC-SLP, CLC
Monica Sterling, MS, CCC-SLP
Education and Licensure
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist, Texas
- Certified Lactation Counselor, ALPP
- American Speech and Language Association
- University of North Texas, Masters of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- University of Louisiana Monroe, Masters of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Texas Christian University, Masters of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Cook Children’s Medical Center, Fort Worth Texas
- Utilized sequential sensory integration to encourage self-exploration for increased acceptance of a variety of foods in order to wean from G-button or alternative means of nutrition/hydration.
- Provided swallowing therapy with Vital Stim modality supports to the pediatric population with pharyngeal dysphagia.
- Taught parents and caregivers how to use hands on feeding therapy techniques in order to increase generalization and carry over to the home.
- Evaluated children with voice disorders using Sona Speech Software II.
- Developed and implemented individual speech and language therapy techniques for the pediatric population.
- Closely collaborated with the child’s team of physicians, registered dieticians, physical therapists and occupation therapists in order to implement individualized child-centered therapy.
- Early Childhood Intervention, Fort Worth Texas
- Provided feeding and language therapy to pediatric patients with a variety of disorders.
- Implemented individual speech and cognitive-linguistic therapy techniques for children 0-3 years.
- Conducted comprehensive speech and feeding evaluations utilizing standardized testing and clinical observation.
- VitalStim Therapy Certified- Adult and Pediatric
- SOFFI Method with Erin Ross
- Deborah Beckman M.S., CCC-SLP Oral-Motor Therapy
- Joan Arvedson, PhD, CCC-SLP, BCS-S
- Social Thinking with Michelle Garcia Winner M.S., CCC-SLP
- Pediatric MBS: The Clear Picture
- Treatment of Childhood and Adolescent Voice Disorders
- Developing Speech through Listening for Children with hearing loss: Developmental and Remedial Therapies
- Redefining our Roll: Responsive Feeding Therapy for Children